Preparing your home for a storm here in the Albany, OR area can be daunting, but there are simple steps you can take to make sure your family is safe and your property is protected.
Here are a few tips from us at Allen & Associates Insurance Inc. to help you prepare.
Tips to prepare your home for a storm
1. Have an emergency plan in place. Be sure everyone in your household understands what to do and where to go in the event of an emergency. Have a designated meeting place outside of the home and practice this plan before a storm arrives.
2. Secure loose items in or around your home, such as outdoor furniture and tools, to prevent them from being tossed by high winds or hail.
3. Check your roof for any missing shingles or other damage that could lead to water leakage during the storm. If necessary, have repairs made before the storm hits.
4. Ensure all windows are closed tight with screens and covers securely fastened over them to protect against flying debris caused by strong winds.
5. Bring inside any potted plants that may be susceptible to wind damage, as well as any decorations or garden art near windows or doors that could potentially break during a storm.
6. Make sure all of your flashlights have fresh batteries and consider stocking up on non-perishable food items like canned goods just in case you lose power during the storm, trapping you at home without access to food stores
Reach Out To Us
Following these tips will help ensure that your home is properly prepared for whatever Mother Nature throws at it! For more tips, call us at Allen & Associates Insurance Inc. today. We are proud to serve the Albany, OR area.