Motorcycle Insurance in Oregon
There's nothing quite like exploring the state of Oregon on a motorcycle. With miles and miles of pristine coastline, dense forests, majestic mountains, and valleys, our state is not at all lacking in beauty. At Allen & Associates Insurance Inc, we want to make sure you enjoy riding as much as possible. That's why we offer comprehensive motorcycle insurance for riders in the Albany, Oregon area and beyond.
Motorcycle insurance is required in Oregon, so don't get on the road without it! Give us a call anytime to learn about your coverage options. In the meantime, read on to learn more about what the minimum requirements for motorcycle insurance are in Oregon.
State Coverage Requirements
All motorcyclists in Oregon must meet state-mandated minimum coverage requirements:
- Property damage — $20,000 per accident
- Bodily Injury Liability — $25,000 per person / $50,000 per accident
- Uninsured motorist coverage — $25,000 per person / $50,000 per accident
It's important to keep in mind that minimum coverage is often not enough to fully cover an accident when you’re at-fault and responsible for someone else’s injuries and medical expenses. It's important to evaluate your motorcycle riding habits and be realistic about what kind of coverage may be best for your situation.
Motorcycle Laws in Oregon
Fortunately, motorcycle laws here are pretty standard and reasonable. Here's a rundown of some requirements you should be familiar with:
- All riders must have a valid motorcycle-endorsed driver license or motorcycle instruction permit.
- Lane splitting is prohibited (no passing between cars).
- The Department of Transportation (DOT) requires all motorcyclists in Oregon & Washington to wear a helmet while on the roads.
- Mopeds also must be insured if being ridden on public roads.
Violating any of these laws could lead to fines and citations that will likely affect your driving record and insurance premiums.
Ready to learn more? Give us a call at 541-967-SAVE(7283) or drop by the Allen & Associates Insurance offices in Albany, Oregon when you're ready.